.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, August 25, 2014

Menu Plan: August 24 - 30


We have had what we hope is our final funeral/memorial trip of this year. We went and celebrated the life of Rich's grandfather, and he took us all out to pizza like he so enjoyed doing when he was with us. The next day, we were able to go to one of our churches and receive the Eucharist there.

It is Mariam's birthday this week, so it's a full, circle of life kind of time for us. Mariam, like the rest of our children, chose the meals for her birthday, and I think they are very four year old meals. She doesn't really have many friends who are not also either family friends or friends of her siblings yet, but she does have a particular friend among the kids' friends' siblings that she adores, so we invited the whole family over and she will get to play with "Ducky" on her birthday.

We have a busy week as usual, and our weekend is even busier. I was trying to figure out a quick meal that I could either get in the crock pot in the morning or throw together in the evening for Saturday. Some friends of ours are moving, Rich is helping them, and I know I will be doing last minute work on my design proposals. While I was asking the kids for ideas, Dominic offered to make a meal. So, he and Alexander are making a dinner from a cookbook of Alexander's, Jamie Oliver's Meals in Minutes: A Revolutionary Approach to Cooking Good Food Fast. Alexander is going to take the main dish and one of the side dishes, and Dominic is going to handle another side dish and the salad.

Even though we aren't starting school next week, the kids' activities are starting up for the year, so ballet begins again for two of our girls. There is a meeting about the Nutcracker for the parents, and I am already stressed out about it. There are two days of shows, four performances, the first on the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend, with a full dress rehearsal on Friday. Those of you who know me, or who have been reading along long enough know that I start cooking on Monday and my schedule for the weekend is largely to rest. Friday I have set for eating pie and sleeping. I am not sure how I am going to handle this. I'm glad we didn't sign Mariam up this year, because I just don't think she is ready for two recitals, let alone two days of Nutcracker right at the beginning. Pray for us.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?