.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Yarn Along: Ballerina Top and Equinox Test


This past week was either our last road trip or second to last road trip for the summer. I'm still equivocating over the class reunion. It was really nice to have so much time to knit, both in the car and while on our trip, since Rich was in class all day and I had no children with me. I made quite a bit of progress, as well as had rest, time to read and pray, time to walk and visit parks, shop bead and yarn shops, hang out with my buddies from back home and solve the world's problems over coffee. Rich and I had several lovely dinners out and we got to go to a concert on the harbor one night and a salsa dance another night. It was so much fun! At night, walking back from our dinners, Rich would say that we had time to walk a little more and I'd tell him that I had time, but he had homework. I hope his instructor appreciated that.

As you can see above, I finished the neckline edging on the ballerina tank top. Unfortunately, I forgot to pick up every other stitch on the front and back of the neck, so the lace ruffles out. I'm going to work on the armhole edging first, because I automatically picked up the right amount of sts there, and then see if threading a ribbon through the faggoting around the neck and cinching it in a bow will solve the ruffle problem, or if I have to rip back and redo all of it.

I made quite a bit of progress on my Equinox test. I'm hoping to have it finished by August 19, or August 26 at the latest. I have three birthday projects that need to be done in that time, as well, though, so this may be delayed.


Here I am working at the bed and breakfast, which we cannot recommend highly enough.


And here is the yarn I bought at two different shops. The light blue in the back were freebies. I picked up some odds and ends and unicorn tails at one place for some color work, and the Tosh Merino Light in (the ill named) vermillion at another shop - I think it should be called summer rose or ripe raspberry.

I'm still looking for test knitters for my design, so if anyone is interested in testing Cirrus, please e-mail me with Cirrus Test in the subject line using an e-mail address you check on a regular basis. My plan is to have this available in five sizes, XS, S, M, L, XL, approximately to fit a bust of 34", 36", 38", 40", and 42", and I'd like at least one tester for each size. I anticipate having the pattern available to test between late July and August.

I'll bet you are bored of the same books all this time, but I am still reading Christ in His Saints and The Real Jane Austen: A Life in Small Things. There just isn't as much time for me to read, and the knitting has taken priority lately. I'm about half way through the Jane Austen book and almost finished with Christ in His Saints.

These pictures aren't related to the knitting or reading at all, but I thought I'd share a shot Rich got of my hair while we were at the concert on the harbor and a picture of us after we had gone out dancing. I really need to get my hair cut, though Rich has been enjoying how long it is, but kept waiting until I could go see my former hair lady in the harbor. I did get to talk to her, and it turns out she has had a shoulder injury, so she is semi-retired for the moment, but she said to try her later. This means that I have to try someone here, which really freaks me out since it took me several years to find this lady. I was going to try to schedule something in time for my birthday this week, but that hasn't worked out, so maybe in the next couple weeks I can get my hair done. Wish me luck!


Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?