.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Menu Plan: July 13 - 20


We were able to take advantage of the Independence Day sales and bought a gigantic new washer and dryer set. They are amazing! We had to spend a lot of money on them, and I have already threatened children with garnishing their wages as adults if I find any more crayons, markers, playdough, or rocks in my dryer. We are almost caught up on laundry, and are at least caught up enough not to have to have piles of it all around our utility room.

This week, Rich and I get to take some time away from the kids. It's work related for Rich, but a break for me. I'm bringing lots of knitting, some design work, a few books, my copy of The 1928 Book of Common Prayer (we don't use the same translation of the Nicene Creed, as our church instructs us to use the form written and ratified in the Nicene Councils, rather than the changed version used after the schism between East and West), The Orthodox Study Bible: Ancient Christianity Speaks to Today's World, and my prayer journal. I'm hoping for a lot of restful time of work and study. Rich will be in class all day, we'll have dinner together, and then he will have to be studying, so I figure I will continue working on knitting/design/reading. During our time away, we will celebrate 20 years since the day we first met. We plan on taking that night to have a nice dinner out together - and there even appears to be an opportunity for us to go salsa dancing the last night we're there.

Since we were to be gone, I wasn't planning on doing a menu plan this week, not wanting to dictate how the meals should be made while I was away; but the people who are staying with our children at home said that it was immensely helpful, so I am planning some basic dinner ideas for them. No breakfast plans, only dinners this week. We have shelling peas that are ripe right now, so if they are interested in that, they can cook those up, too.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
I'm stopping by today via Organizing Junkie's blog.
Congrats on the new washer and dryer!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?