.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, June 16, 2014

Menu Plan: June 15 - 21


I am back after a week and a half battle with the plague. We still made our trip for the boys to be confirmed, and that was a joyous Pentecost for all of us. I'm still sick, from something that took hold suddenly and fiercely, but no longer feel like death. However, even the slightest thing is taxing, so I have to rest after going to church, or the store, or making cookies, or sitting at my desk to write up a post. Even the smallest thing has been a challenge lately. And I pushed too hard for our trip back "home" as well.

In any case, I was able to read quite a lot (see my sidebar), but my knitting and crocheting kind of went by the wayside, as it was too hard to concentrate even on the simplest projects, and for a while, it was too hard to hold the knitting needles. This is bad illness. Not quite strep or flu, but just about. Everything from my throat up took a turn at being infected, and the chills, aches, fever, cough, drainage and so on were incessant. My voice is still raspy, but it's back, at least, and I still am wracked with coughing later in the evening and early in the morning, but it doesn't feel like it will be the end of me anymore.

We have both Father's Day and Dominic and Rich's birthday this week. I still have several things I have been wanting to write about from our trip to San Antonio, so we'll see if I can recover enough to do that in the next few weeks. Summer break is on, and we have a lot of fun, free activities to do in our area, so we are taking advantage of them. Two local theaters have free kids' movies during the summer, our library has several programs with authors, illustrators, plays, and presentations, the local bowling alley has a free kids' bowling program in the summer, and the kids' godparents bought us a membership at the local water park/pool again for our family Christmas present, so we can go there as we wish. That isn't accounting for a few homeschooling field trips, picnics, and just hanging out with friends and having a good time.

We're starting to see a few things from the garden, snap peas, radishes, and so on. Our fruit trees have fruit on them, so we're praying they ripen well and the birds don't get them. We have netting around the cherries. I'm pushing it this week with two soups, but with my sore throat, I think I can get away with it.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?