.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Menu Plan: Holy Week


This banner is something that we made a couple years ago, with our palm fronds from Palm Sunday, to hang from our mantel. I keep meaning to share this picture with you all here. I might even explain how we made it, though it is pretty self-explanatory.

Thank you to all who are praying for me, I'm still hobbling around, but hurting a bit less (unless I put too much pressure on my left foot). If you could hold our family in your prayers, I'd appreciate it. There's nothing catastrophic going on, but we're struggling with some challenges that are leaving us a bit frustrated.

It is Holy Week again. It doesn't feel like a year has gone by, and yet so much has happened in that year. I'll try to write more on that this week. Although this year's Lent has been much less focused and much less chosen by me, God has chosen many of our sacrifices this year, and we have grown. I am finding myself excited by this week's journey. It will be arduous, but it will be good. At the end of it, there is the highest feast, the most glorious celebration of the Christian year. I am always a little amazed at churches who spend one day on the Paschal feast, with little or no spiritual preparation for it, and then declare it finished. Especially when so much focus is given to the birth of our Lord. I am thankful to have the liturgical year with its focus on these events. I'm thankful that Easter isn't one day, but eight, and that the season lasts for 50 days and culminates in Pentecost.

Our meals this week aren't too complicated. This is a full week of preparation for us, so I'm trying to keep it as simple and/or quick as possible. We will be in church four days out of seven this week. After Tuesday, we will be eating nearly vegan, and those who can fast completely on Friday and Saturday will be doing so. This is spiritual boot camp for us, and while it is challenging, especially with young children, it is so good. We learn and grow in our faith and come to the celebration of the resurrection with our hearts and minds prepared to rejoice and receive Him who rescues us.

May God grant you all a blessed and holy journey to the Paschal celebration.
What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a recipe round up on Saturday.


Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?