.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Menu Plan: August 26 - September 1

I didn't mean to skip two weeks of menu plan posts, but we came back from our cousin camp out to go full tilt boogie into fair week, then promptly succumbed to exhaustion and recovered last week. We did eat. I did menu plan. We just didn't post it. On the plus side, two of our children got blue ribbons for their art work at the fair and we raised a lot of money for scholarships, which our neighborhood community club awards to young people heading off for higher education.

Our apricot tree is ripe, ripe, ripe. It has also given up on us, since we have neglected to prune it for so long, and lost three limbs in a thunder/wind storm a couple weeks ago. Rich still has a little to do, but God has taken care of much of the pruning. Now, to save the wood for fires. In any case, you will see us eating lots of apricots this week and next.

We are a week from starting school again, so things are busy here and I am getting last minute planning and orders done. It's a little crazy. We also got three cats about three weeks ago, so our children could have a cuddly pet instead of our invisible cat, and to keep the mice down this fall and winter. We introduced one of the kittens to the turkeys today. He was terrified. That was on purpose. We don't want them hunting the poultry. So far, so good, they want to get the starlings, robins, mice, and we're hoping they will go for the gophers and rabbits, too.

Today is Mariam's birthday. She is two! You may also remember that it is her name day as well. Because it is a Sunday, we are observing that tomorrow. Her birthday party is a little thin tonight, as Rich and Alexander are out of town helping our very good friends pack up a moving van and clean up their home. We'll still be doing cake and presents, but it may end up later than we wish.

Since I have been remiss about posting recipes this summer, I will post several of them this week. I have a smoked chicken salad recipe I promised two weeks ago, my cinnamon roll recipe (which I couldn't enter into the fair because it has a cream cheese frosting), my funnel cake recipe and a frozen fruit salad recipe I promised some weeks ago.What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?