.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, July 30, 2012

Menu Plan: July 29 - August 4

I had a great birthday dinner out with three of my best friends here. Rich set it up so that there was a big bouquet of roses and stargazers (the flowers he used to get me when we were dating and which were in our wedding bouquets), a lovely card and a blow torch at the table waiting for me. I'm going to be making creme brulee soon.

The posole I made last week became two other meals. We used it in quesadillas on Saturday (because we had so many leftovers) and then as the filling in omelets on Sunday morning. Which were delicious. We have a few duplicates this week because of schedule shifts and having a ton left over. This Sunday was our church picnic, so basically everyone filled up there and we ate snack tray at home while watching movies.

Our apricot tree did not have any freezing or other problems this year, so it is loaded down and we are starting to eat lots of apricots. We'll be sick of them soon, but we're happy about it for now.What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?