.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Menu Plan: March 18 - March 24

Well, I have neglected to post the recipe for creamed carrots. We had a rather hectic and tiring week and I am sorry I just didn't get to it. I will try to get it posted this week.

However, I have some pictures of our meals this week. I made some of our pancakes on Saturday in the shape of shamrocks (everyone's seconds were just regular round pancakes) and made green, peppermint steamers.



For dinner tonight, I recreated one of my favorite sandwiches.



It is a double decker, grilled reuben sandwich with turkey in one layer, corned beef in the other. I used our homemade sauerkraut in it, which was especially nice. I actually made our corned beef a little differently this year. A few recipes I saw suggested cooking the meat in beer, so that is what I did. It was very good and we'll definitely repeat it.

Today was Laetare Sunday, which is joy Sunday, milk joy Sunday, the Mother's Day of the Church. It was not nearly as restful as I would have liked. I did get a few minutes' nap, but when I went to take a bath, I had running and screaming brothers, sisters who were arguing over a picture and a son who exclaimed, wondering who had licked the icing off of the cake. You see, we had left the remaining birthday cake (from Amira's birthday party) on the counter to thaw to eat with dinner. It turns out that Yasmina had made the most of the time and taken quite a thorough turn with the cake. We have not often seen such a good job of removing frosting. I should have gotten a picture. We have yet another feast day this week, St. Joseph, so we will be celebrating and making some crafts and doing some study on him. He is one of the saints after whom we named Elijah. He is the patron of children, born and unborn, and we know prays especially for them.

There is one repeat on our menu this week, because last Friday was just exhausting and we had a throw together dinner. For the second week in a row, we have been able to get a 25 pound bag of organic navel oranges for $10, so they are in a lot of our meals this week.What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?