.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, September 04, 2011

Menu Plan: September 4 - September 10

I woke up yesterday with a really bad crick in my neck from sleeping funny, so I just wasn't up to making the things I wanted to make. All our meals yesterday were switched around, Rich made dirty eggs for breakfast and I made quesadillas for dinner, so I'm just repeating them for Sunday's meals. I was going to have some re-purposed turkey leftovers today, but I will just freeze the meat and use it another day. I'm trying the pear banana bread recipe with less sugar to see how it tastes. If it works out well, I'll post the recipe here.

Our first two days of school went pretty smoothly. This week is our first full week and has tons of activities. It looks like that is how the rest of our year is going to be, too. Or maybe the rest of our lives. Because I am not that bright, I volunteered to teach two classes at our homeschool co-op. With a baby who won't go to anyone without screaming. Whee! Our menus this year are going to reflect our crazy schedule. When we limited the children to one extracurricular activity, we thought that would reduce our running all over the place. However, it turns out that having seven children, five of whom are in extracurricular activities, still makes for a crazy week. Especially when there are two days that are double booked. And when you add in church activities. So, we're entering that stage of our lives and are not sure how well we will handle it.

Rich is just happy because twice this week we get to eat sandwiches. I always look at sandwiches as lesser meals and not to be eaten at dinner unless they are hot. So, I'm making some quicker and simpler to make, but still heated, sandwiches for us to work with our schedule weirdness.What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?