.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, July 11, 2011

More from the Randomizer Files

Yasmina has taken offense to our use of the word baby. I'll call Rich baby, or call her my baby girl and she will say: He's not a baby! or I'm not a baby!

Elijah is reading more and more on his own. I knew he would have the most trouble and we've been working so hard on his reading skills. His interest in ancient Egypt is paying off, though, because he is motivated to read the books we have on that subject. He read the words burial chamber, antechamber and treasury, all on his own.

Jerome is still one of our funniest children. He has terrible skin problems like his brothers, and we've been sending him out in the sun without his shirt to help it. He jumps up and announces "I don't have a shirt on!" and holds up his arms like a muscle man.

I heard this exchange this weekend:

Jerome: I'm going out to play Tarzan again because he only wears a diaper.

Rich: That's called a loin cloth, son.

Jerome: Oh.

Alexander and Dominic have turned stakes and milk carton handles into practice foils for their fencing class. I'll have to get a picture of them and post it. They did a pretty good job, I think.

Mariam is this close to taking her first steps. She stands on her own and she can cruise around the furniture. She also thinks all birds are owls. She looks out the windw to see the turkeys and "Whooos" at them.

Amira is our little lady, ballerina. However, she also can do a very good impersonation of a zombie. That is the new picture on Rich's phone. With a warning about zombies ahead.

Yasmina spent most of the time we were at the strawberry patch telling me about the flaws of the strawberries she picked. I finally realized it was because she was looking for reasons not to put them in the box and eat them instead.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?