.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, July 25, 2011

Menu Plan: July 24 - July 30

This is a whole birthday week for me. We went on a picnic to the park on my actual birthday. However, it got to 97, so the children spent most of the time on the blanket under the trees with us instead of playing. Since the children couldn't eat the cake, I didn't make cake this year. We had blueberry shakes made with vanilla ice cream and yogurt and a dish of ice cream on the side. My birthday week began with the return of dairy. Hallelujah! We've never been so excited to have yogurt and cheese and ice cream before. So far, I see no bad responses to it, but we'll see what today brings.

There is a Havana Nights/Cubano cocktail, dinner and dance that Rich is taking me to for my birthday later this week. We haven't gone dancing in a while, so there will be some dance practice at our house in the evenings.

This week will see the return of dairy, strawberries, citrus and gluten. Some of these will be eaten at lunch time, so the menus may not reflect as much of them as you'd think. I'm still praying that this is simply a deficiency in B-12 and DHA. In other news, we have harvested about a third of our garlic. We're so thrilled!What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Bought:
Blueberries
Peaches
Cucumbers
Eggplant
Cabbage
Parsley
Cilantro


From the Garden:
Garlic
Scallions
Chives
Dill
Thyme
Parsley
Garlic Scapes
Various Greens

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?