.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Menu Plan: July 17 - July 23

So, we got through our first week of the elimination diet. Although our breakfasts were a little repetitive, I found them less of a challenge than lunch turned out to be. So, if you have any ideas for lunches that don't include dairy, gluten, wheat, soy, citrus, pineapple, strawberries, bananas, almonds or chocolate, I am all ears!

Since I was trying to mix things up a little with the starches I served, I had sweet potatoes several times. We discovered that Jerome loves them even more than we expected. He was even asking other family members if he could eat the skins off of theirs, when they had eaten the insides out. So, we'll definitely be eating more of those. In the garden, we've harvested the absolute last of the garden peas. One variety we will never grow again: Champion of England. There must not have been many other competitors when they named that variety. They turn to starch almost instantly, there are many small pods and misshapen ones. However, we did not want to waste them, so we treated them as starches and roasted them with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic. They were crunchy and delicious. Next year, though, we are planting about six times the peas of the variety we liked (Green Arrow) to eat and blanch and freeze for the winter.

Our Saturday night was rather busy, so the turkey dinner was moved to tonight. We grilled lamb chops rubbed with salt, pepper, garlic and oregano (delicious), served with roasted peas done as I described above and baked sweet potatoes. I used coconut flour in the salmon croquettes last week, which was really tasty, I may do that in the future, even if we get gluten/wheat back.What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Bought:
Peppers
Sweet Potatoes

From the Garden:
Scallions
Chives
Dill
Thyme
Parsley
Garlic Scapes
Various Greens

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?