.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Menu Plan: March 20 - March 26

The home corned beef was a hit. I meant to use the leftovers to make Rose's double decker Reuben sandwiches, but there wasn't enough left over to do that. It was that good. My pictures of the corned beef were not very good, because the color wasn't good, as I didn't use the pink salt. I'm going to try again with celery powder to help with that. I'll post a (late) separate post about the corned beef. I don't think we'll go back to store bought now.

I learned that Mariam's little stomach can't quite handle my eating raw cabbage. That's part of why I was up between 1:30 and 4:51 this morning. So, I'll hold off on that tonight. Here is this week's menu, our second full week of Lent. I'm really proud of how seriously our children are taking the fast, some of them have fasted on days we didn't (like on the Ember days, I didn't fast at all, and Rich only reduced his meals, some of our children decided to observe the fast on their own, or at least try to do so). They have been conscientious about the things they have sacrificed for Lent and are making an effort in their prayers and alms giving. Even without us telling them, they have been saving money or toys to give to people and organizations to help the poor. It is encouraging to us.What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Bought:

Oranges

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?