.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekly Recipe: Two Days Late, but Not Short

So, I promised that I'd share how we changed Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich.

I still used her basic recipe. However, instead of only cooking up onions, I used about a pound of sliced peppers, six cloves of minced garlic along with them. The liquid from the vegetables was a nice addition to the sauce made for the sandwich.

When seasoning the meat, I used less of the seasoning salt, and added lemon pepper to the mix. We used about 2 or 3 pounds of the meat for eight sandwiches rather than four and still had some left in the pan for extras.

I also reduced the amount of worcestershire sauce. We thought it overpowered the taste of the meat and vegetables. So, we cut it back to 1/3 of a cup. It could have been 1/4 cup quite easily. Instead of Tabasco, I used Frank's Red Hot Chile Lime sauce and included all the juices from the cooked vegetables in the sauce.

When serving, I made my own rolls, which were wonderful, just mixing up the dough in the bread machine and we put a few slices of pepper jack on the meat, veggies and sauce. That's it. They were delicious and, we thought, a big improvement on the original.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?