.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Menu Plan: October 31 - November 6

Well, the gnocchi alla Romana last week was a huge hit. I doubled everything except the nutmeg, kept that at the original quantity, and just cut them into squares rather than the pretty circles. It was faster that way and absolutely delicious. I didn't have to double the cooling time, as I just used a larger pan. Everyone loved it from Rich to Yasmina and it was very simple to make. Making the dough ahead helps, and my sauce can be made ahead and frozen if you want.

We have a holiday from school this week, because of All Saints. We will be making pretzels, which are traditional for All Saints and for Lent, and going to a party with some other homeschoolers dressed as saints to play games, do crafts and eat all sorts of good things. Our children wanted us to do our pumpkin carving at the party, but I didn't think there would be enough time, so we'll do that at home.What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?