Thursday, March 25, 2010
Eight Years of Elijah
He was born on the feast of the Annunciation - the day when the angel Gabriel announced to the Blessed Virgin Mary that she would give birth to Jesus, the Lord. We almost always get to all break the Lenten fast on his birthday and he, at least, has a chance of having it fall after Pascha. It is a fitting birthday for him; we named him for Elijah, who would never die and who announces the coming of the Messiah, and for Joseph (Yusef), who was the foster father of Jesus and the patron saint of all children, born and unborn.
Eight Exquisite Attributes of Elijah
1. He is always delighted at new experiences.
2. He is a gentle older brother.
3. He is kind to everyone.
4. He is the most affectionate child we have ever met.
5. He is a friend to each person he meets.
6. He loves helping where he can.
7. He wants to help others his entire life.
8. He loves God with all his heart.
Happy birthday Elijah!
- Big Daddy Andy