.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 16, 2009

Menu Plan: November 15 - November 21

This week is the second Bean Week Challenge I'm hosting. Please join up, leave a comment and link to Mr. Linky if you have a blog.

I'm deep in preparations for Thanksgiving. We are still hosting it, even though we are living in chaos, because chaos at home is still easier than chaos away. I'm excited to be doing it, because I love making Thanksgiving dinner and sharing it with our friends and family. Remember, if you have a frozen turkey, start thawing it early! I'm pulling ours out of the deep freeze this week. This week is also when I'll be cooking up all our sugar pumpkins for pies and breads and other things. The extra will get frozen. I'll also be roasting turkey legs and making extra stock for the gravy and dressing, making bread and cornbread for dressing. Next week, the serious cooking will begin: Cornbread, pie crusts, pies, soups, dressings, breads and all those good things. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays.
What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. Starred recipes will follow separately.

Here is the list of foods from the freezer, fridge and pantry that I'm using this week. Anything from the freezer, pantry or fridge that was not bought specifically for this meal or this past week will be included in my lists.

Freezer:
Barbecue Beans
Shortribs
Peppers


Fridge:
Eggs
Butter
Milk (& Cream from the Top)
Feta
Carrots
Scallions
Split Pea Soup

Pantry:
All Herbs & Spices
Salts
Potatoes
Onions
Garlic
Olive Oil
Hard White Wheat Berries
Soft White Wheat Berries
Corn Meal
Steel Cut Oats
Garbanzo Beans
Black Beans
Flor de Junio Beans
Pastry Flour
Yeast
Baking Powder
Baking Soda
Coffee
Tea
Vanilla Extract
All Sugars
Honey
Apples
Pears
Watermelon
Butternut Squash
Sugar Pumpkin

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?