.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Menu Plan: November 1 - November 7

Our bean week went pretty smoothly. I did have to make a menu change on Wednesday, as we didn't have as many eggs as I thought we'd have so I substituted a vegetables Jalfrezi with rice, using the pinto beans. Also, I had forgotten that Friday was a fancy pants work dinner for managers and spouses, so the children got pizza with Rich's boss' children while we ate amazingly good food and drank amazing wine at a very nice restaurant. We'll be doing two meals with beans this week (I usually try to do at least one), so I kind of think of it as a make up day. The next Bean Week Challenge will be the week of November 15th, if you'd like to try again this month. I am thinking of doing a more Middle Eastern theme to my meals that week, since this one was taken up with Mexican/Tex-Mex most of the time.

Since today is the feast of All Saints, our children are preparing to dress up as their favorite saints, carve pumpkins with images of the saints and to eat even more candy and drink lots of hot chocolate. We aren't able to have our big church party this year, but we were determined to allow them to have it anyway, even on a smaller scale. No doughnuts on a string or apple bobbing, but still fun.What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. Starred recipes will follow separately.

Here is the list of foods from the freezer, fridge and pantry that I'm using this week. Anything from the freezer, pantry or fridge that was not bought specifically for this meal or this past week will be included in my lists.

Freezer:
Chuck Roast
Lamb Stew Meat
Chorizo
Bacon Ends
Sprouted Whole Wheat Bagels
Cooked Mixed Beans
Sliced Peppers
Peas
Whole Spinach


Fridge:
Eggs
Butter
Milk (& Cream from the Top)
Parmesan
Cheddar
Celery
Carrots
Pickled Jalapenos & Carrots
Scallions
Ginger
Salsa

Pantry:
All Herbs & Spices
Salts
Tomatoes
Potatoes
Onions
Garlic
Olive Oil
Hard White Wheat Berries
Soft White Wheat Berries
Cracked Wheat
Granola
Pastry Flour
Basmati Rice
Brown Rice
Pinquito Beans
Penne
Yeast
Baking Powder
Baking Soda
Soy Sauce
Oyster Sauce
Sesame Oil
Olives
Capers
Homemade Tortillas
Coffee
Tea
Vanilla Extract
All Sugars
Honey
Molasses
Pomegranate Jelly
Raisins
Apples
Pears
Plums
Pomegranate
Watermelon
Acorn Squash
Sugar Pumpkin
Riesling Grape Juice

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
Sounds like a fun family week.
I'm always looking for different meal ideas. That's why I love MPM.
You have a great week!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?