.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Menu Plan: September 20 - September 26

We have had a busy week! The illness I was fighting off from the flight finally caught me. So, I've been recovering and working through it.

It's amazing how little our family consumes when there are three fast days in the week! Last week a box of 25 pounds of peaches only lasted for four days. From Wednesday on, we have had a box of 30 pounds of peaches and we aren't finished with it yet. Since Rich and I fasted Wednesday and Friday and Alexander and Dominic fasted from a single meal on those days, not nearly as much was eaten. On top of that, Elijah surprised us by asking if he could fast one meal on Friday. When you finish your fast, especially when there are more than one day of fasting, you find that your appetite isn't as high either. So, although Thursday was a normal day for meals and Saturday was only a meat fast, we just couldn't eat as much.

I did not get the tortillas made, but should get a chance this week to try my hand at it. I will try to post pictures if I do. I will also get the recipe up for the Lentil & Poblano Tacos this week. We ended up eating bruschetta with cheese toast for dinner that night, but it is a really good recipe.What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. Starred recipes will follow separately.

Here is the list of foods from the freezer, fridge and pantry that I'm using this week. Anything from the freezer, pantry or fridge that was not bought specifically for this meal or this past week will be included in my lists.

Freezer:
Chorizo
Pork Shoulder X 2
Ground Beef
Ground Pork (to make sausage and sandwiches)
Green Beans
Almond Meal

Fridge:
Eggs
Butter
Sour Cream
Homemade Mayonnaise
Milk
Gruyere Cheese
Feta Cheese
Muenster Cheese
Salsa
Cherry Apple Cider
Cabbage
Carrots
Eggplant
Sweet Peppers
Hot Peppers
Lemons
Cilantro
Parsley
Bread and Butter Pickles
Corn Tortillas


Pantry:
All Herbs & Spices
Salts
Potatoes (German Butterballs & French Fingerlings)
Tomatoes
Onions
Garlic
Olive Oil
Kamut
Hard White Wheat
Spelt
Basmati Rice
Brown Rice Farina
Corn Meal
Black Beans
Steel Cut Oats
Yeast
Baking Powder
Baking Soda
Vanilla Extract
All Sugars
Honey
Raisins
Canned Hatch Chiles
Canned Wild Salmon
Mustard
Peaches
Plums
Pears
Nectarines

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
I like how you list what you use from the pantry, freezer, and the refrigerator. I have occasionally posted pictures of my shopping trip on Saturday and then realized almost none of the items were going to be used on the menu I put out on Monday. It happens because I stock up on the items that are on sale. They eventually make their way on to the menu, but I have never clearly shown how before. Thanks for the inspiration!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?