Thursday, June 18, 2009
Which is why it is so hard for me to come up with my birthday lists for him. It isn't that there is so little to celebrate about him, it is that there is so much, most of it difficult to put into pithy one liners. Rich told me that I should just cull one of my older lists and just add one or two things to that. I try to come up with a new list each year. There are often some repeats, because there are things that I appreciate about him all the time. Not least of which are his rugged good looks. Each year, though I get to see some part of him that stands out as particularly endearing.
For the last nine years, Rich has given up his birthday for the most part. It is primarily a celebration for children and it matters more to a child than to an adult. So, he has gladly given way to Dominic. I thought I'd give them separate birthday posts, at least, this year.
I didn't want to take a picture of Rich in bed this morning and, of course, he had to get to work so I didn't have much time to take a shot of him before he left. I didn't think it would be wise to post a photo of him in his towel after the shower. After all, this is a family blog. So, I'll post this photo of him bringing in the food from the grill Sunday and try to get one up of him today.
39 Things that Thrill Me About Rich
1. He is dependable.
2. He is adorable.
3. He is honest.
4. He makes me laugh.
5. He is resourceful.
6. He can make just about anything with just about anything.
7. Did I mention his good looks?
8. He knows exactly how to run his fingers through my hair.
9. He is my best friend.
10. He is quick to apologize when he is wrong.
11. He always speaks highly of me to other people.
12. His eyes light up when he sees me.
13. He holds my hand in public.
14. He is enthusiastic about life.
15. He is an amazing father.
16. He laughs at my jokes.
17. He has introduced so much beauty to me.
18. He has an artistic eye.
19. He is willing to endure.
20. He still gets up at night with our children.
21. He loves to dance with me.
22. He will dance with me in public places that aren't dances.
23. He is modeling strong manhood to our boys.
24. He is teaching our daughters what kind of man to marry.
25. He is faithful to God.
26. He is faithful to the Church.
27. He is faithful to me.
28. He treats me like I am the most important person in his life.
29. He listens to the children's stories.
30. He is always willing to play with our children.
31. He romances me every day.
32. He is the first to say that I need a break.
33. He does his duties around the house without complaint.
34. He asks how he can help when I am frazzled.
35. He then does it.
36. He talks to me about everything.
37. He seeks my counsel.
38. He always tries to do what is best for me and our children, even if it costs him something.
39. He can tell me something just by looking at me.
Happy birthday Rich!
Alright. Here is a picture of Rich I was finally able to take. He looks exhausted, as he is and happy, as he is. I love you Rich!
Links to this post: