.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Update

The repair guy came today. The burner and its controller were both burnt out in our spectacular display on Monday. He says that the other burners and controllers are fine as are the element and broiler element in the oven. We are replacing all of the other burners anyway. They are paying for the trip he took today and the parts, but they do not want to pay for the labor. Since the original parts were factory installed and this wasn't just a little wearing out of the parts, we are asking them to reconsider that. We'll let you know. In other news, I was able to get the grocery shopping done tonight. Fred Meyer is having its Founder's Day sale this week, there are many great deals to be had. Wild caught salmon is $2.99 a pound. As I had a coupon for $5 off of any meat or seafood purchase $5 or more, I used it on that salmon, making it around $1.56 a pound. They filleted it for me and everyone is happy. Also, the sale coincides with the rewards vouchers arriving. Between this Fred Meyer trip and one to our local grocer for some produce (mostly organic), I bought all our groceries, including buying one month's extra diapers, toilet paper, toothpaste, kitty litter, beyond what we need for the week and stocked up on a few other things. I used some store coupons and some coupons I printed out along with the vouchers at Fred Meyer. The lady forgot to give me the discount for using my reusable bags, but that only would have been $0.15. The total before coupons and vouchers from both stores? $174.83 For $34.85! I only used 11 coupons, six of which I picked up off the shelf in the store. If you have a Fred Meyer in your area, this is the week to shop. Make sure you check the mail before you go if you have their rewards card so you can use your rewards, too. My $5 off meat and seafood coupon came from that packet and there were four or five other really good coupons in it also.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?