.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, April 13, 2009

Menu Plan Monday: Bright Week

This week is Bright Week, there is no fasting at all this week. After over a month of abstinence and fasting, though, it is hard to go too crazy. We are finding that we just can't eat as much as we want. We will be having great leftovers tonight from our feast Sunday. I have a ham to cook and we have a freezer full of desserts that we haven't touched that will be pulled out as well.

I have always had this fantasy that we can pull out nice plates for the holiday that are pretty and decorative, but we always end up with paper plates and plastic ware. Easy clean up wins each time. It is a good thing, too, because it took three dishwasher loads to clean up from our party yesterday - and that was with us using disposable plates, cups and utensils. We threw away most of the garbage last night, the children and I went over the place again today. It was a great time, with tons of amazing food. I intended to take a picture of the laden tables, but forgot. So, imagine coolers full of drinks, a bar with ice, cups and wine and three tables with food and dessert on them. I forgot to bring out the laban bi chiyar, I think I did this a couple years ago, too.

I still have pictures from our trips in February and March and stories to tell, but life is crazy here right now.
If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can.
What is on your menu this week?

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?