.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, February 16, 2009

Menu Plan Monday: February 16

We spent the week down in Oregon last week. The children had a great time visiting with their grandparents, we went to the zoo in the snow, ate lots of great food and Rich took me to a restaurant he's been wanting to take me to since we first started dating. As we traveled up and down I-5, we visited Rich's paternal grandparents, his maternal grandparents' graves and the grave of one of his cousins. We planted purple crocus at both grave sites and kind of introduced our children to his maternal grandparents. We did not fill our time with too much, as we really wanted a chance to rest a while. So, we had a great relaxing week, got to visit a little with Rich's brother and his daughter and saw my mom. This week we are back to a relatively normal schedule. Our local schools are off for "President's Day" week, so the children's other activities are canceled this week, which lets us ease back into things at home. Since Rich has President's day off (I don't think I've written yet about my ire with this fake holiday which has replaced two perfectly good holidays somehow, without ever being declared a holiday), we are doing some garden prep for our spring and summer garden as well as preparing a couple raised beds for our herbs and scallions.

If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can.
What is on your menu this week?

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Wed and Fri sound amazing!

NAOmni
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?