.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, December 08, 2008

Menu Plan Monday: Second Week of Advent

I keep forgetting, when I refer people to the recipe for crockpot gyros, to mention that I use half lamb and half beef rather than the turkey she uses. I think I just automatically switch turkey to beef in my mind so I forget that other people don't. I also add about 3/4 to 1 teaspoon of salt to the meat mix. I made about six pounds of meat for our Sunday feast, and we came home with about a pound or more, so tonight that will go on the rerun buffet we are having. We have some French onion soup left, some of the Arabian spaghetti sauce and sides, some of the laban bi chiyar and harissa and some of the chickpeas and cauliflower from Friday. I will be serving it all up tonight to get rid of it before I make anything else.

I'm still working on my Thanksgiving post as well as an Advent one. Even though we do lighter school work for Advent, we've been busy with religious study and all the goings on at church, so I just haven't had much time to type on the computer. I have to figure out what to do with all the broccoli I bought, since Yasmina's tummy still does not agree with me eating broccoli. Veggie sticks for the children!

We've been drinking lots of apple cider this week. We borrowed a cider press from a fellow we know and pressed about four or five gallons of cider. It was lots of fun, the cider tastes like drinking an apple and now I want our own cider press even more. We are trying to find a way to buy the press from our friend. They don't use it anymore, but they aren't quite ready to give it up yet.

If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can.
What is on your menu this week?

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
The thing I was most excited about on our menu this week, I already cooked. It was a stuffing topped chicken and broccoli recipe that I found in one of those little cheapie cookbooks they sell at the front of the grocery store. Very tasty (once I modified, um, everything about the recipe), and it was a happy set of leftovers for the fam.

I think tonight will be chicken curry, unless I get a big craving for beef before I get home.
 
Great menu. I made shepherd's pie for the first time a few weeks ago, and my husband loved it!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?