.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sad News

I just found out that a fellow I was friends with in college (we actually went out a couple times before I met Rich) died nearly eight years ago.

I had lost touch with him shortly after we got married, and then it was a little awkward, but I have a friend who lives in the same area as he does, and she's single, and he was single, and he was a nice guy so I thought I'd introduce them. Well, that won't happen. It sounds like he drowned. At 35.

I am praying for the repose of his soul. I wish I could contact his family, even at this late date, but I didn't know them.

A friend of mine from our church in Tulsa filled me in on the changes there, and there was some really sad news there as well. So much to be praying about, so it's good to know, but a real blow. It put our situation here with our church in perspective for me, though.

Labels:


Comments:
Ranee, That IS sad news, and at so young an age. Definitely prayers for the respose of his soul and for the family and friends who lost him.
 
Oh-- should probably mention -- this is ME!!! JoNell, LOL, I have followed you here, too.

I hope I'm not stalking you...you know,like you did that girl in grade school. ha ha
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?