.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, October 06, 2008

Pretty

Last week we went to some friends' to help them in the final part of moving out and cleaning their house. They are Air Force and were being sent to a new base.

Since I had to be with Yasmina, I couldn't really help in the house, so while the couple worked along with Rich and another person, I stayed on top of the children. Alexander and Dominic were able to help a little by throwing away garbage and cleaning up the yard of toys and such.

As we were getting ready to leave. Elijah sat down beside me and told me he was starting to think that girls were pretty. I asked him if there were any specific girls he found pretty, and he said he couldn't think of any. So, I asked about his sisters and what about me. We passed muster.

Me: Which girls do you think are pretty?
Elijah: You know those girls with the things hanging down, like pony tails and the two ones, what were those called?
Me: Pigtails?
Elijah: Yeah, and when they have ribbons in their hair.

I told Rich about this, and he said it's always the same, it's always about the hair.

Labels: ,


Comments:
We were at the park the other day when Ben fell for an identical twin. He was in awe of this girl, shamelessly chasing her. At the end of an hour's play, he didn't even know the other twin's name. And I was baffled. What was the attraction to one and not the other?

But now that you mention it, his twin had longer hair. (The only way I could have told them apart.)
 
Gotta say I agree with Elijah; Robb doesn't care about my dress, doesn't care about my shoes, doesn't care what cake we eat at the wedding, but he hopes I will wear my hair up. Possibly with a ribbon.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?