.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

New Favorite Pie



I made an apple-quince pie with vanilla this weekend. It was incredible! We ate it up in two days.

We trade eggs for fruit with a couple in the area, and he brought a couple to Rich's office for us. He didn't know how much I love quince, but when he found out he said he'd bring a bag of them for us. Yay! I am excited to get cooking. I'm thinking quince preserves and jelly, and another pie, this time all quince.

If you aren't familiar with quince, they are an autumn fruit. They are like very firm, very tart apples, with a floral scent and flavor. Though you can eat them raw, they will make you mouth feel like cotton, so it is best to cook them. I love the smell of them and look forward to their arrival every fall.

Labels:


Comments:
It's been a very long time since I've had any quince. It's one of my dad's favorites too.

~Becky
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?