.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, October 27, 2008

Menu Plan Monday: October 27

I switched some dinners around this past week and we ended up moving two to this week. Last night we had salami sandwiches on the leftover black bread from making slow cooker choucroute garni. There is a picture of peppers in the ingredients, but it isn't listed or in the instructions, so we didn't put them in. I used hard apple cider instead of the gin, because we had it, and because I don't like gin. It was great that way, but I think I would use calvados next time to compare. I did use the smoked pork chops and was able to get apple smoked bacon and it was wonderful.

I was going to have the pizza and a pie or two ready for Rich when he came home Saturday from the airport, I forgot one of the steps for the pizza dough, so I put that off for another day, but was still working on pie. The crusts were chilling and the apples were peeled and cored and ready to be mixed up. He outsurprised me though. Around the time when his plane was supposed to land, he called my cell phone. I was excited, and told the children it was probably him calling to tell us he was on the ground. So, I answered all aflutter and he said that they hadn't been able to make the 5:30 plane. I instantly deflated. I asked what happened, and tried not to sound too sad. He said it was because they got on the earlier plane, and he was in town already. Because of the shuttle schedules, this meant he was in town two hours before we expected him! He said they almost made a flight an hour earlier than that, but one of the guys lost his wallet with his ID in the rental car, so they had to go back to the rental place to get it. I told him he'd ruined my surprise by coming so early.

Anyway, I zipped out the door, my in-laws hung up the welcome home signs the children made, and I tried to rush to the hotel. I had to get out of the car no fewer than three times closing doors, since the children had been playing in the car, and had "shut" the doors just enough so that they appeared that way, but weren't. Except for the automatic sliding door and my door, I had to get every other door. So, I raced off and met him at the hotel and brought him home to eat the choucroute garnie I had made instead that night and we finished making the pie together that night. We've made a couple pies this weekend.

If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can.
What is on your menu this week?

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
What a great menu, the Mexican squash casserole sounds interesting. Thanks for stopping by my blog. To answer your question about the Moroccan mashed potatoes I add in onion, turmeric, and cumin. I also use olive oil as my fat, no butter or milk. Enjoyed your menu!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?