.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, October 13, 2008

Menu Plan Monday: October 13

I'm hoping that this week won't be quite as hectic as last week was. We will be using a lot of our harvest in this week's meals. At some point this week we'll be making apple fritters. Also, I plan on making at least two apple pies, and freezing bags full of sliced apples with the sugar and spice in them so we can pull them out later and make apple pie on the quick. Applesauce is also on our list of things to make. You can pretty much assume we'll be eating champagne grapes and/or apples with just about every meal we have this week.

The albondigas recipe is really good. I'm sure making it with faux meatballs makes it no longer really albondigas (like making shepherd's pie with beef nullifies the name, it becomes cottage pie), but it is really tasty. I don't know what else to call it because nutball soup sounds a little crazy. Anyway, if you are interested in the recipe, I'll type it up. I got it from our former priest's wife, who got it from a vegetarian cookbook.
If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can.
What is on your menu this week?

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Here's a recipe question for you -- I'm trying to get good at cooking rice. My entire family (well, Robb and I) loves rice, and I've finally gotten good at plain boiled rice (trickier than I would have thought, and the secret seems to be ignore it), but I would like to make more pilafs and the like...risottos so far are getting a pass because they are being described as "squishy".

Thoughts?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?