.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Alexander's Birthday

Today, my eldest son has reached a significant milestone. He has gone from this:

(proof that all our children look exactly alike when they are born, except maybe Elijah, but I'll have to look at his pictures again)

to this:

in just 10 years.

The little baby who used to fit in my body is now creeping up to my height. I think he's 4' 3" now. I'm only 5' 4". He is able to do so much more than he used to do. He can hold his own with just about anyone.

We are so pleased with the young man he is becoming. One day, we hope that he will have surpassed us in faith and in goodness. This is the measure of success we take.

My father called a while ago and said that he wanted Alexander to be the first Arab-American President of the United States of America. I told him we had higher aspirations for him.

Our prayer for him is that he grows to be a godly man, a good husband and father, to be satisfied with his life and to work at something that has real meaning. Anything more than that is a bonus. In some ways our aspirations are quite modest, but a quick look around at America and find that there are, sadly, few people for whom you could say those things.

10 Amazing Things About AlexanderHappy Birthday Alexander!

Labels: ,


Comments:
Happy Birthday Alexander! Welcome to the world of double digits!!

~Fr Jonathan and Becky
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?