.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Reason 786,159,432 that I Love Him

I was dead tired yesterday. So tired that when I was trying to comfort Yasmina, I fell asleep on the floor at a ridiculously early hour while holding her. Rich told me to go to bed with her, and just try to rest while he shut down the airport. I heard him take the car, which was odd because he usually takes his work truck, though if he thinks he'll be waylaid by people talking to him about work he takes our car. I woke up again around an hour later, and didn't hear him in the house. I was too tired to think much about it, though, and I knew he had a couple other things he needed to do around our garden, so I assumed he was doing that.

This morning, I woke up and Rich and I were getting ready for the day, when I came to the dining room and found this:



When I saw them, I asked where they had come from and he wrapped his arms around me and said it was magic. He told me they were for his wife who didn't even get flowers when she had a baby.

Then he told me what really happened. We had gotten our grocery rewards back yesterday, and among the rebates for the store and coupons was a coupon for $3 off cut flowers. I had been wanting some flowers for a while, and he saw how worn out I was getting so, he took the coupon, one of the rebate checks (our groceries are free this week!) and went to the store. There was a buy two get one free deal on a dozen roses, so he used his rebate and coupon on that. They were a killer deal anyway, which I can completely appreciate.

He also picked up a couple frozen pie crusts, because we've had some cherries waiting to be combined with cranberries in a pie that I've been too tired to do lately. He said he figured he'd stop asking me about it and figure out how to do it. He cracked open one of my cookbooks and modified a cherry pie recipe to make his pie. At midnight. While bouncing our daughter who was not nursing and having tummy trouble. So I could sleep.

When he came back to the bedroom around 1:30, I asked him what he'd been up to with her, and he said he was just puttering around the kitchen. Sneaky man.

Three dozen roses and pie for breakfast. He's nice to look at, too.

Labels:


Comments:
Go Rich! Nice work.
 
The roses are beautiful. Are you going to save the petals to make into sachets?

~Becky
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?