.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Evil Deer Return


These creatures are so cheeky! They marched right across our yard as pleased as can be, so I scared them off by taking pictures of them. This morning there were only two, we often see five or six.


Then they headed down the hill toward the fence.

Elijah looked out his bedroom window and told us that they had moved down to our garden where they started nosing around the gate. They know where the gate is! They don't go to any other part of the fence.

I sent Alexander down to chase them off. Amira has been telling us how much she wants to eat deer burger and it's almost September.


Anyway, here is a photo through the trees in front of our fire pit. I don't know if you can make out Mt. Rainier through the haze, but it's there. I may just see it because I know where it goes and am used to seeing it there.

We are so blessed to live in such a beautiful place. I think we can put up with the deer to live in a place like this. But, we might be inviting every hunter we know to come get their fill of venison come September.

Labels: ,


Comments:
I am sorry you have having trouble with the deer. The last picture sure makes me homesick. There are trees here in Georgia (lots of them in fact), but they are not the Douglas Fir and there is nothing like Mt Rainer. I think I'm going to copy your photo and put in on my desktop- a little touch of home.

~Becky
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?