.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, August 11, 2008

Enough to Bring Tears to a Mother's Eyes

Even though we all slept in and had brunch rather than breakfast (which is usually a recipe for a bad day here), all the children did their chores well and cheerfully after breakfast. Alexander finished his work and went to help Dominic with his work. When I told him he didn't need to do it, as he had already done his own work, he answered by telling me that it was fine, he just wanted to help his brother. Dominic and Alexander are now folding laundry together while discussing the books they've been reading with much animation and excitement. Amira and Elijah came into the room to watch Yasmina smiling at us ON PURPOSE, and Amira had three of her dolls wrapped up in a blanket and has been carrying them around nicely like a good little mother, Elijah is playing gently with Yasmina in the gymini now that I've put her down and is pulling the ring on her little musical elephant so she can hear her music. Jerome is napping right now, but will be up in a minute for our afternoon snack (no point in making a full lunch when they ate breakfast at 10:30, and will have dinner around 5:30).

There is no yelling, no crying, no pointless arguments, no shirking of duties. Our work is getting done, I was able to deal with laundry and am planning the cooking projects to do with the children this week. It's a good day.

Labels:


Comments:
Hooray for you.

Robb and I have started gently planning for #2 -- maybe next year sometime. People keep asking me if I wonder how I'll manage with two, since one is so much work, and I just nod and smile. More and more in my life, I am feeling a sense of "God will provide." Posts like this encourage that feeling.

Thank you.
 
We found two to be easier than one. They entertain each other and play together.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?