.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, July 28, 2008

More Disgusting Food Habits

I was making my breakfast this morning, when Alexander asked in a kind of grossed out way why I was putting sunflower seeds in my applesauce. I told him because I wanted to and I liked it.

Usually, I do this with cottage cheese, applesauce on top, and roasted, salted sunflower seeds over that. We were out of cottage cheese.

Does that sound gross to you? Evidently it is, but I love it, the sweet and salty and crunchy and soft. I am a woman of many contrasts and dimensions, clearly.

I know Rich finds it repellent, but Alexander eats all sorts of weird combinations we wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. He ate, twice!, a grilled chicken sandwich with pineapple, Danish cheese and red onions on it, with some sort of dressing to bind the whole mess together.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Not disgusting to me. I prefer actual apple with cottage cheese as opposed to apple sauce, and walnut to sunflower seeds.

A favorite breakfast is oatmeal over chopped apple. It works best (IMO) if the apple isn't cooked and so is crisp. Walnuts becomes half-soft if cooked with the oatmeal.
 
I thought to myself, yuck yuck yuck, but then yesterday found me dipping ritz crackers in blue cheese dressing, so what can I say?

Robb walked by, looked me up and down, and he didn't even have to say anything. I just smiled. "Not pregnant." He nodded and kept walking. :)
 
Hi--thanks for stopping by my blog. Looks like we have similar tastes--I love Little Women and the Princess Bride, too!
 
Ok I have agree with both you and Alexander. Although I would not put cheese with my chicken, but the pineapple on there with red onion and dressing sounds great. Guess we would get along well! :) I never would have thought about sunflowers seeds in my cottage cheese, but I would not be opposed to trying it out. I know eat stuff that grosses out my husband, but off hand I can't think what! The grossest combo I have ever hear though is m&m's and mayo sandwich which I read in a parents magazine. How the kid got a hold of that combo in the first place is beyond me! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?