.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Corporate Worship

Rich and I liked this because it poked fun at so many of the praise songs that we don't like. The ones that are all about me, and what I think about God and what I feel about God, and not so much about praising God or worshiping Him. There are a couple in here that we do like, Amira especially loves Better is One Day in Your Courts, but we still laughed ourselves silly listening to this. The lats song is particularly hilarious, because I Can Only Imagine is somewhat of a family and church joke for us, it's kind of an icon for all the me centered, so called worship songs. I'm sure I'm offending many people today, but the musically challenged, theologically corrupt, self-focused and just plain grammatically incorrect songs are something we mock around here.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?