Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Two for One
I haven't been good about making my birthday posts over the last year or so, but I wanted to at least get this in and perhaps start again.
Eight Great Traits of Dominic
- 1. He is creative.
- 2. He is generous.
- 3. He is cheerful through hard things.
- 4. He is full of wonder at God's world.
- 5. He is a great reader - reads everything he can get his hands on.
- 6. He helps out at home with few complaints.
- 7. He helps his younger siblings with no complaints.
- 8. He has a smile that makes you smile, too.
38 Things About Rich that Make Me Love Him
- 1. He makes me laugh.
- 2. He has an amazing ability to slow me down and keep me calm.
- 3. He lights up the room when he walks in.
- 4. He still gives me chills when I look at him, nearly 14 years since we first met.
- 5. He never asks what I got done all day.
- 6. He makes sure the children obey me and treat me with respect.
- 7. He treats me with love and respect.
- 8. He is thoughtful.
- 9. He remembers things I like.
- 10. He is obedient to his spiritual authority.
- 11. He tries to live a holy life.
- 12. He is an example to me and the children of the life of faith.
- 13. He has shown me what it means to submit by his submission.
- 14. He works hard for our family, both in and out of the house, and doesn't begrudge us any of it.
- 15. He talks to me about important things and little things.
- 16. He makes sure I have time to myself.
- 17. He sacrifices willingly.
- 18. He seeks my council.
- 19. He leads our home.
- 20. He avoids temptation.
- 21. He is handsome.
- 22. He is generous with everything he has.
- 23. He is a man of great integrity.
- 24. He is honest and values honesty.
- 25. He has immense emotional depth.
- 26. He takes over when I am on the verge of losing it.
- 27. He makes sure only one of us is being crazy at a time.
- 28. He changes diapers without complaint.
- 29. He enjoys our children.
- 30. He is the kind of father I would have liked to have had as a child.
- 31. He protects our family in every way he can.
- 32. He looks at me like I am the only woman in the world.
- 33. He has a great sense of humor.
- 34. He does what is needed without waiting to be asked.
- 35. He is modeling godly manhood to his children, for his sons to emulate for his daughters to seek.
- 36. He is artistic.
- 37. He complements me and makes up for my deficiencies.
- 38. He is lots of fun to be around.
Happy Birthday Rich and Dominic!