.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, June 09, 2008

Menu Plan Monday: June 9

It has been a while since I've posted a menu plan here, and although this may not end up a regular thing for a week or so still, I thought I'd get my plan up and see if anyone else is interested. Also, I'm being a bit more serious about the doubling up on meals from here on out so I can have things in the freezer for us when our daughter arrives, since we have 29 days until we meet her. Doubling a recipe in our house is quite a bit of food, but it will be nice to have the extras when we are too tired to cook or think about food. As always, I will provide any recipes upon request. What is on your menu this week? AFRICAN CHICKEN I found this recipe on a cooking newsgroup several years ago. I've changed it a litlte bit, and it doubles and triples well. 4 lbs. chicken, cut up salt & pepper 2 tablespoons olive oil 2 medium onions, thinly sliced 6 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter 1 teaspoon ground coriander 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes 15 oz. can tomato sauce 1/4 cup red wine vinegar Season chicken with salt and pepper and arrange in a 3 qt. baking dish (13x9-inch). In a 10-inch skillet heat oil and add onion and garlic. Cook gently, stirring often, until soft. Stir in peanut butter, coriander and red pepper flakes. Gradually stir in tomato sauce and vinegar. Pour over chicken. Bake uncovered in a preheated 400F oven until chicken is tender, about 50 minutes. Serves 6-8.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?