.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Crown of Thorns

I mixed up 4 cups of flour and 1 cup of salt, steeped 2 cups of strong tea for the liquid and to dye the dough, and the boys mixed it up.



After it was mixed, I kneaded it in a little more flour on the counter.



Then I cut it into three pieces, rolled it out and braided it. I think I should have made it a touch thicker so it would have been easier to work with, but I didn't want the braid to take forever to dry out in the oven. We made the braid into a ring, and poked about 100 half toothpicks in for the thorns.



This is how it looks after being baked at 325 for about an hour, and left to dry in the closed oven (off, of course) all afternoon.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?