Monday, November 19, 2007
Menu Plan Monday: Thanksgiving Week
This is the first Thanksgiving in nine years that we aren't hosting our families. We are still hosting several other families, though, so our party will be about 19 people on Thanksgiving day. Please feel free to ask for any recipes.
- Monday: Saucy non-Meatballs with Pasta and Green Beans
- Tuesday: Mustard Chicken, Corn Casserole, Salad
- Wednesday: Pinto Beans and Rice
- Thursday: I'm making Herb Roasted Turkey, Bourbon Gravy, Wild Rice Dressing, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Pumpkin Rolls, Corn and Pepper Pudding, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Chocolate Pecan Pies, Pumpkin Pies, Cranberry Cherry Pies, Nantucket Cranberry Pies, our kids' godparents are bringing a Cranberry Horseradish relish, some other friends are bringing potatoes au gratin, some sort of asparagus dish and a cranberry-orange salad, as well as a Christmas pudding. Our neighbors are bringing hors-d'oeuvres to which we will be adding various olives. We will be serving a rose, a riesling and sparkling cider.
- Friday: Bring Your Leftovers Feast. We invite everyone we know to bring their leftovers and we start eating at 9:00 a.m. and stay until most of the food is gone, playing games and chatting. The godparents are also bringing some lamb roasts, so we'll cook those up.
- Saturday: Grilled Pizza and Salad
- Sunday: Leftovers
What is on your menu this week?
For more menu plansvisit Organizing Junkie.