.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, August 20, 2007

Menu Plan Monday: No Little Babies Here!



Jerome is no longer a little baby. He turned one on Saturday. We celebrated with a birthday breakfast of blackberry cobbler, vanilla ice cream, candles and song. He had a wonderful day, and got to play outside while Rich worked on the fire pit and the boys helped.

Rich's folks were supposed to come around noon, but ended up having trouble leaving town, and didn't get here until dinner time. They were passing through on their way to visiting another set of friends they have a little north of here.

We are still in preparation mode for school beginning in two weeks. Most of our books are ordered and arriving, and we've gotten all the school supplies. I've set a rough schedule, subject to change once we see how it works in daily life, and the children are raring to go.

I mentioned at church a week ago how good homemade bagels are, and was informed that they needed to appear at a coffee hour in the near future. So, I'm thinking that when my in-laws return on Wednesday, I will get to work making bagel dough. I read somewhere about freezing them after boiling them in water, so you can have fresh baked bagels any time you want, and I plan on making three or four batches of the dough so we can bring some to church, have some at home, and store some in the freezer. I'll keep you posted.

What is on your menu this week?

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Oh yum! I haven't had falafel in a couple of years! I am not sure if I could do it justice if I cooked it myself!

I love gyros and spanikopita as well! My goddaughter's father is from Greece and my best friend makes the most scrumptious spanikopita!

Have a wonderful week!

Sherry
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?