.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I Don't Know Why You Say Goodbye, I Say Hello

I don't have a lot of time to post today, as I am cooking a belated birthday dinner for Rich and Dominic. We are also readying ourselves for our next trip out of town. This is all to say that my weekend report will not be immediately forthcoming. Also, that there is a comment that I have not yet published, but will get to as soon as I have the time and energy to devote to a thoughful response. I didn't want the lady to think I was ignoring her, or trying to censor her.

We returned last night from our trip across the mountains. We found a new to us restaurant quite providentially, and it was cozy, had great food and was run by a Lebanese-Greek Christian family that emigrated to the U.S. and we were glad that our dinner bill went to them instead of to FoodMart Incorporated U.S.A. It turned out to be a nice birthday dinner for Rich and Dominic, and was not terribly expensive for a family of seven. Our total bill, including shared appetizer, dinner for everyone, dessert, drinks, tax and tip was around $120. Not bad for a non-fast food, slightly upscale dinner. On top of that, they still spoke Arabic, and I got to practice the language, and our kids thanked them and said goodbye in Arabic. We also were treated to some Lebanese music playing while we ate. Rich took several of their business cards to pass out to people we know. Although it is pricier than the average large family would want for an every day type dinner, it would be great for special occasions, or date nights for the parents. In any case, I will post a link, if I can find one for them.

Our visit with the kids' godparents, and our godson was nice. We kept basically no schedule, so except for the church events related to Matt's baptism, we just did what we wanted, when we wanted. Father's Day and Rich and Dominic's birthday were pretty low key, because of the baptism, but we celebrated both as well. I'll post about both when we return from our next trip.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?