.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

March Colorswap: Greens

I was determined to be more timely this month, so here is your reminder to sign up for the March colorswap by 12:01 a.m. February 16, 2007.

To participate in the March swap, you must either be a member of KnittingMothers or be a knitter with a blog you update frequently. In fact, even among the knittingmothers, I'd encourage those few of you without a basic blog to begin one. I want people to be able to get to know each other a bit. If you wish to sign up, send me an email with your full name, mailing address, email address that you check regularly, and blog url. This is open to knitters worldwide, but I am going to make a big effort to pair people within the same nation or at least continent, since there is only a month in which to allow for something to arrive. These registrations need to arrive in my inbox by 12:01 a.m. on the 16th of the month preceding the swap month. For this month, that means by Thursday night, the 15th, my time. I am going to limit the swap to the first 50 respondents. Please feel free to spread the word about this, though.

The first thing to come to mind in terms of color is, of course, yarn, but please don't limit yourself to that. Handmade cards, candles, soaps, bath salts, stationery, candies, chocolates, knitterly tools or gadgets, knitting themed accessories and roving/fiber for those who are spinners as well are all good idea for gifts. Knitting something for someone would be a lovely gift. Including shipping, the minimum price for this swap should be considered at $25 (remember, that includes shipping and any packaging). I know how difficult it is to determine the monetary value of something handmade, or handspun or hand dyed, and I do not consider those things as cheap, but please keep in mind a general sense of the price of the package being sent. Participants should expect to receive one package and to send out one package for each round of the swap. Packages should arrive by the end of each month, preferably earlier.

Remember that registration for February ends 12:01 a.m. February 16, 2007 and the color theme is Green.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Hmm... I am tempted to join! Hope there is someone else near Portugal! I guess I will email you soon!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?