.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Can You Really Call it a Weekend

On day six? I knew it was a bit of a stretch calling our five days a long weekend, but now it is a six day weekend. Considering that a week is only seven days, well, I'm not so sure that weekend is the right word. Perhaps vacation. Maybe instead of makeup days, they will get rid of the week break in February.

However, Alexander is missing his debut as a motivational speaker this morning because of the snow and ice. He was scheduled to go speak to a moms group at a local church, as the representative from his class, to ask them to help make 1000 letters to send to soldiers at the U.S. hospital in Germany. Since this needs to be done in time to send them, I'm not sure how it is all going to pan out.

We still have two Christmas packages that haven't been sent from our home. One is ready to go, the other is still not here! Unfortunately, it is the present for our godson. And his parents have already gotten their presents. I need to get to the post office to mail those as well as a partial skein of yarn to a woman who ran out as well as my Color Swap package. It was all ready to go today, and I don't know if I'll be ready to go today.

There is a meeting at our yarn shop this morning, and if the roads aren't too bad and they haven't cancelled it, I will go. There will be books and toys for the kids, and I'll set them in the corner. I was going to miss it, so I could go be there for Alexander, but he's not going. Since the shop is near the post office, if I can get there, I can go to the post office, so that will be my test.

Yesterday we stayed at home, and tried to get some things done. I made two cherry pies and a huge pan of cinnamon rolls. The kids sledded (is that a word?) down the big hill and we got a bunch of dishes taken care of, though not all of them, bathed all the little kids and got a few more chores done around the house. On Saturday, while I was at the shop, Rich built a sled for the boys. It was so cool! They had a great time sledding down the driveway, and Rich thought yesterday might be their last chance to do so, so he blocked off the top of the hill with our van and the bottom of the hill with his work truck and let them sled on the big hill in the afternoon. I was going to do manicures and pedicures with Amira, but she was a cranky pants, so she napped it off instead.

It turns out that the kids can probably sled today as well, so there were some things we could have gotten done during that time and just let them have at it, but no regrets, it was a fun time. I'm still waiting to see about that meeting. But, we have cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting for breakfast, so it's already a good day.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?