.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, December 22, 2006

Survey Answers

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I am somewhat of a yarn snob. I prefer natural fibers, but do not look down on inexpensive yarns. In fact, I am a great shopper and love a bargain.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I learned to spin a few years ago, but haven't progressed much. I learned to crochet this year, and am really enjoying it.

3. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I am learning to sew. I finished my first unsupervised sewing project this month! I love cooking, baking and preserving.

4. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

Natural fibers, soft yarn, especially polwarth and merino wool, alpaca, angora and silk. I tend to knit between sport and aran weight yarn, except for socks, shawls and small projects for which I will use fingering or lace weight yarn.

5. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I guess I'll say acrylic, even though there are some that I like and I think it's fine in blends, just because I'm so picky about it. I'm not a huge fan of fun fur, but a little glimmer or something like boucle or ribbon is fun. I do like loopy mohair, it and baby mohair are about the only mohair I like. To be honest, though, I can always find a way to use any yarn. My biggest problem is with the itch factor, I have very sensitive skin.

6. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Cables, always cables. Any texture knitting or lace.

7. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Pullovers, shawls, baby things, small objects.

8. What are you knitting right now?

Christmas presents!

9. Are you a sock knitter?

I can knit socks. I do like sock yarn, and that lovely keychain sock blocker thrills me.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Are there any colors you hate?

Red. Deep, true red. Blues of various sort, think oceans, skies, flowers, anywhere from the green end to the violet end. Yellow from butter to lemon. Rose, coral and raspberry pink, but not much else pink. I don't really do any colors from the orange spectrum, though I'm sure I could work with them.

11. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes, a link is in my sidebar. Here is a link to make it easier: Amazon Wishlist: Knitting.

12. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

Smoke and dogs.

13. Do you have any religious prohibitions or restrictions?

We don't do Santa (why when there is the real man St. Nicholas?), we observe the liturgical calendar and honor the saints. We observe the dietary restrictions of Advent and Lent.

14. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Citrus, pear, melon/cucumber. I also like light florals, like jasmine, freesia and lilac. I do not like most vanilla or cinnamon scents (prefer the real thing) and don't like lavender at all.

15. Do you burn candles?

Yes, especially recently.

16. Do you have a sweet or salt tooth?

I am mostly a salty and crunchy snacker, but I have a weakness for good chocolate, caramel and sweet and sour candies.

17. Do you drink coffee, tea or cocoa?

Yes. Coffee, strong and black, tea, hot and syrupy and cocoa just about any way I can get it!

18. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I am married, our 10th anniversary is in nine days, we have five children: Alexander, 8, Dominic, 6, Elijah, 4, Amira 2 and Jerome, 4 months.

19. What are some of your favorite things?

Yarn, of course. I love chickens, ducks, heritage turkeys, American Buff geese, Dexter cattle, Tunis sheep, we want to farm one day. Kitchen stuff always makes me happy. Books!

20. Is there anything that you collect?

See above. Yarn, books, farm-y and orchard-y things, patterns, kitchen goodies.

21. What is your favorite holiday?

For the purpose of this round of the Color Swap, New Year's. Favorite Christian holiday is Pascha/Easter, with Christmas a close second, favorite non-Christian holiday, probably a tie between Thanksgiving and New Year's.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?