.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, November 10, 2006

Ask Me Why I'm Posting at 5:30 a.m.

Jerome slept a long time tonight. And so did we. On the couch. Me, missing most of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe for the third night in a row. So, when we woke up and debated going to bed in our room, where we might wake Jerome, we decided to let him sleep and just stay in the living room. But I was awake.

So, I got up, did some dishes, started a load of laundry, contemplated cleaning the bathroom, read blogs, and finally changed and nursed Jerome who woke up at around 4:00. He had a nice conversation with the chandelier in the living room, who is his newest friend, and I kept looking at crafty sites and blogs and downloaded a pattern for a Regency era bonnet from Simplicity. My new idiosyncrasy is going to be wearing period and vintage clothing all the time. I just have to figure out how to nurse in them.

Oh, and I tried to renew a couple books at the library, but it seems they are serious about this whole two renewals only thing. (I put them on hold again, so I can drop them in the box on the way out to run errands and pick them up from the library on the way back home, ha-ha!) Well, Jerome fell asleep again about 15 minutes ago, so I put him back in his little crib, and I am wide awake. And noticing how much traffic I have been getting lately from Turkey. I also have a reference on a Czech page, but I'm not sure if it is a "Go look at this knitting blog" type reference, or a "Get a load of this crazy American" type reference.

So, anyway, merhaba to my Turkish readership! Rich spent some quality time in Çakmakli (sp?) about 15 years ago, and we enjoy many of the items he bought at the Grand Bazaar while he shopped his way through Desert Storm. He always corrects me that it was afterward that he was doing the shopping, they were locked on base for nine months. Anyway, he spent a lot of time buying copper, brass, gold, alabaster, rugs, crystal, you name it. There was a girls' orphanage nearby, run by Catholic nuns where he and the other soldiers went to help out, and we wanted to adopt from there, but it turns out they closed the orphanage.

So, now that it is about 10 to 6:00 and we need to be getting up in less than half an hour, I will sign off. Fortunately for me, the boys don't have school today, while my veteran husband has to go to work (figure that one out), so after making breakfast, I can go back to bed while the children run amok.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?