.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, July 03, 2006

Engagement Gift, No Contest

Well, I actually had a good chance of finishing my design for the contest, but somehow hurt the tendons from my thumbs in both hands/arms on Monday night, so couldn't knit at all (or do much of anything else that required movement from those tendons) Tuesday or Wednesday. I got a little finished on Thursday, but would have had to knit all day Friday to even have a chance to finish, and with four kids, some friends visiting us from Florida and a house to try to keep going, not to mention being pregnant, it just wasn't going to happen. So, it will make a lovely engagement gift, but I have no chance of winning the contest. It is a shame, because although the pattern was quite simple, the construction was pretty creative, I thought, and had a good chance of catching their eye because of that. I was over two thirds of the way finished, too.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?