.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, July 24, 2006

Birthday Greetings

On my birthday, that is. I am 30 today, the kids and Rich sang happy birthday to me this morning, and I have spent much of the day knitting or in rest on the couch. The boys were eager for their father to come home early, so they could get me a present, they said. The only presents I want are already on their way here, and we're going out for a fun dinner that I've been craving for some time now. I am making a flourless chocolate cake for the birthday cake, though I don't think we'll be able to do candles on it that well.

My birthday is shared with Amelia Earheart, perhaps not the best pilot, but an interesting character, and the state of Utah. Also, oddly enough, Rich's boss has the same birthday.

I finished the Tilting Blocks Blanket yesterday, and will post photos and the pattern soon. I haven't washed it yet, just wove in the ends, it is quite soft and a lovely color. I've had more unsolicited compliments on the color of this while I've been knitting it than just about anything else I've worked on. Perhaps I ought to wear this color more, myself.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?