.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Baby Hat and Blanket Progress

I never posted about finishing the baby hat. I used the cotton hat pattern from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, only I didn't make the I-cord into a bow, I just tied a knot.



I have a little of the Cotton Silk left, I may crochet it into a hair scrunchie to use it up. I will not be buying any more of this yarn, clearance or not.

As for the baby blanket, I am very close to finished. I have three and a half repeats of the pattern to go and then eight rows of garter st. I will probably finish by the end of the week.



I have set aside my design that I was going to make for the contest, but I would like to have it finished to give as a shower gift/engagement gift to the young woman at church who is getting married.

Comments:
Hi

I followed you from Favorite Apron's blog and it's nice to meet another knitter. I'm knitting a sweater for my DH using Debbie Bliss Cotton DK and I agree with you. Although the finished product looks lovely it's a bit of a pain to knit with as it's so inflexible. I think I will try her other mixes though, perhaps it's just the cotton. What I do know though is that the sweater would've been half the price if I'd used a less fashionable yarn.
 
Hello, nice to see you here.

As for cotton and Debbie Bliss, I only knit 100% cotton on fine gauge items, it's easier on my hands. I'll use a blend with wool or even microfiber acrylic and it's fine. Debbie Bliss' Cotton Angora is wonderful to work with, and washes in the machine. Most of her yarns have been nice, except like I said before, many of them are short on yardage and long on price. This one was so odd, very hard on my hands, and spun rather like string more than yarn. Ah well, lesson learned.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?