.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, December 19, 2005

Mittens Finished!

Yesterday, on the way to church, I wove in the final ends on Dominic's mittens. The guides for this sort of thing say to make the hand about three and a half inches long past the thumb increases. I knew that Dominic's hands weren't that large, so I made them about an inch and a half shorter, and there is still room. Evidently these size charts are like the weight charts at the pediatrician's office, based on formula fed, corn fed midwestern children. Our kids just aren't that big. Anyway, while I was finishing the thumb of the second mitten, Dominic planted himself in front of me and was grinning with glee. He was so excited to have his mittens, and Elijah is glad to have his mittens back. I am hoping to have the photo up today, and will post the stats with it then.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?