.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Flora Finished

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Specs:

Pattern: Flora from Winter 2005 Knitty

Yarn: Rowan All Seasons Cotton, Ravish, one skein after modifying the pattern

I pressed it with a damp pressing cloth so it would be ready to give to Nora last night at St. Martha's Guild. Rich was wondering if I was okay when I asked for the iron, since my idea of ironing is a quick spin on high in the dryer. Nora isn't normally part of St. Martha's, but she is leaving for Denver for good, and this was a chance to see her before she went. She loved Flora, and it should help keep her warm while she's there.

It was extremely quick to knit, but I lazed around on the finishing (surprise, surprise!), so even after finding a cute button for it at the shop, it didn't get ends woven in and sewn up until this week. I also sewed the flower on, rather than just use the button to keep both the neckerchief and the flower on. I didn't think someone would want to have two parts to fuss with for something this small.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?